Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

May 27, 2015

Raining Hail


Today we finally got an almost break in the weather. The little clouds were hanging around with the occasional rain shower, but it looks like I could get a sled ride if I could get myself in a clearing. We were in the town of Aschau just below the third X-Alps turn point. I had already been up to the turn point, so I didn't want to retrace my steps. Instead, I went up a mountain to the west.

Spitz of rain started just as I laid out my wing. I quickly got ready and took off from the spitzsteig.  Then I had an amazing flight in little bits of hail all the way down to the Inn valley. Luckily I was able to cross the river and get close to my next hike up.  


Of course my wing was soaking wet from landing in a rainstorm! So it is a little heavy!  The sun is almost out now and I'm hoping to get a sled ride down into Bayrizschell. 


Luckily I could fortify with myself with my favorite food; chocolate!


Looking forward to a warmer, dryer tomorrow. It should be a great day for flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment