Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

February 5, 2013

March Open 5 secret location is revealed!

The next Haglofs Open 5 Adventure Race will take place in the Yorkshire Dales.  Specifically, it will start at the the Upper Wharfdale School in Threshfield, which is practically my backyard.   Ok, backyard for an American anyway, as it's 15 miles from my house! 

But anyway, this will be my last race in the UK, and almost my last day in the UK.  I'm moving back to the United States to pursue a career in nutrition, and will wave a tearful goodbye to all the good friends I've made in the three years that we've lived in England. 

So, it's my last race...but I'm not racing it.  It would be hard to do that without my bike and my gear, which has already been packed up and shipped over to the States.  :(   Next best thing?  I'm helping to plan it.  Mostly I just want to be there on the day, and see everyone for a last time.  So please come on out, we promise the scenery will delight you, the hills may taunt you, and the descents should be ace. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there! Can't believe you're leaving already :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's coming up really soon, will be sad to leave.

    Congrats on your win this month at the race down south, sounds like you had a few adventures!

    ReplyDelete